Fortune One Group provides outsourced payroll and employee administration solutions to businesses throughout the United States. We are seeking a full-time Payroll Processor. This position will be responsible for working with clients on a daily basis to provide payroll, and hr administration. The successful candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills, willingness to work in a team environment, and the ability to take ownership of managing the day to day details of client administration. It is preferred that candidates have experience with Thinkware, by Darwin software platform
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes payrolls including printing, packaging and mailing.
• Set up of new clients and/or employees
• Provides customer service support related to all aspects including but not limited to benefits and unemployment claims. Troubleshoots questions from clients.
• Record keeping and maintenance of client/employee files.
• Set up all insurance deductions, child supports garnishments and levies.
• Set up and monitor PTO plans.
• Investigate State, City, Local and School taxes in various states. Set up in payroll system as needed for State requirements.
• Answer all inquiries for income verification, child and medical support orders and unemployment audits. Participate in Unemployment hearings as necessary.
• Yearend W-2 responsibilities. Organize and file returned W-2’s. Create re-print W-2’s as requested.
• Process all client and employee maintenance as submitted.
• Responsible general office administration.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years experience in PEO or multiple employer payroll processing a must. Experience in Darwin/Darwinet payroll system a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal skills - correspondence, emails etc.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently while maintaining a high level of skill and accuracy.
• Proficient in Microsoft office: Excel, Word, Outlook
• Experience in preparing Excel spreadsheets and working with existing spreadsheets; comfortable with mail merge in Word.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to communication clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization.