Focuses on ensuring the Division’s compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) required documentation including: driver time records, DVIR review and Hazardous Material Shipping papers all with the goal of being able to produce accurate and up-to-date documents for review in a regulatory audit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Audit driver’s Hours of Service (HOS) grid/ Exempt logs for accuracy.
• Audit and maintain all driver vehicle post-trip inspection reports (DVIR) for (90) days.
• Maintain all private and common carrier hazardous material shipping papers (other than the current month) for the previous (24) months.
• Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience in the records management and administration of compliance with DOT regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities in a busy environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various reports, regulations and legal documents.
• Ability to effectively present information to associates, top management and branch personnel.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Must have Fleet experience.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities.
• Must be able to work outdoors in a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.